Sunday, February 28, 2010

You Know What I Love...?


You Know what I love? ....Food. I'm a "Foodie".

I love to eat, I love when my fridge and cupboards are filled to the brim with ingredients to make delicious morsels for my family, I love the warm cooking aromas in my home, and I even love the labor of love put into cooking...but I hate grocery shopping and I hate having to figure out meals for the week in the midst of an already very busy week....so you know what I am newly in love with? This website www.e-mealz.com.

We just signed up through them to receive weekly meal planning that coincides with the weekly sales at our local grocery store. This was the first week I tried it....the weekly list gives you seven dinner meal ideas for the week along with the recipes, lists everything you need for the meals and categorizes them by departments in the store so you can easily get in and out of the store, and it tells you how much you should expect your bill to be. My bill was suppose to be $66.19. I took Luke with me and had him take a cart to put the "extra" things in that are staples for the "Foremans" so I could allocate my cart just for the items on my list to see how close my bill came to the $66.19. When the gal rang me up and the club card savings was entered ($-32.40) my bill came to $69.72...I jumped up and down, a little, I kind of did. I was so excited....I have not been able to swing 7 meals for my family for $69.72 in well...probably never, and I had upgraded a few items to organic so the $3.00 discrepancy was totally ok with me. I know we spend way too much money on food....which makes me even more in love with this program for the savings it will bring.

And....here is a picture of a chicken stir fry I made from the list....and a little something, something that was not from the list but from Luke's cart of "Foreman" staples ;)



You know what else I love????

I love being the Mom and therefore having every right to have quotes from me on bathroom walls....hopefully this is the only time my name has been on a bathroom wall. ;) I found this site www.wordsanywhere.com and was able to create my own saying and chose the font I wanted...it was actually a really fun process, and I love the end result. Luke probably does not appreciate the subliminal reminders, but I do, I love it!



I also LOVE, love walking into a store and finding unexpected treasures.....

Like theses new candle holders. I love the blue glass, I think they are so pretty and I could practically hear my family room whispering, "thank you" when I placed them on the fireplace mantle, as they are just a perfect match and definitely ups the cuteness factor in there. Ahhhh, the joys of domesticity!



But you know what I love THE MOST.....

Being with Luke yesterday when he saw his first rainbow EVER after a rainstorm we had....and it wasn't just one rainbow but it was a double rainbow.... Poor little Luke has genuinely felt ripped off in his short little life of 8 years in that he had NEVER, EVER seen a rainbow, before now. This is something we have had several conversations about over the years, his lack of "rainbow spotting in real-life "...and he's come home with tears from school when he's explained that friends of his saw one recently and AGAIN he missed out on the experience. But not yesterday......no sir! We were all snuggled in the house when out of the corner of my eye I saw a rainbow out the back windows and couldn't get the words out fast enough...."R.A.I.N.B.O.W!!!!!" and we all flew out to see it...to see both of the rainbows. Then we ran to the front and our neighbors must have thought we were nuts because Luke and I were hugging, and squealing, and marveling at the beauty of the rainbow...but also of the experience. He definitely won't forget the first time he ever saw a rainbow....nor will I forget.




I'm loving this little life of mine....

<span class=

14 comments:

Heather said...

I loved everything about this post.Everything.Most especially Luke and his rainbow.

Hope to see you this weekend!

Glogogo said...

CONGRATULATIONS LUKE!! AREN'T RAINBOWS BEAUTIFUL? I WAS HOPING TO SPOT ONW WHEN I HAD ADDIE OUT PLAYING IN THE PUDDLES YESTERDAY, BUT WE DIDN'T SEE IT! YOU ARE SO LUCKY!!!!!

Glogogo said...

Cheri-I love the bathroom wall! Definitely need to check that site out for something in the new home. Also-if I were younger with the energy I would do the meals thing too-sounds and looks great!

Cheri said...

Heather, we will be there...we are looking forward to it.

...and Gloria they actually have a plan for cooking for 2 for when you and Denny move to AZ. I honestly am zapped of any and all energy by the end of the day which is why I am totally liking this! :)

Mel said...

I love the idea of a cooking plan- I get stuck making the same thing over and over and over. And my Luke is not my favourite at the supermarket at the moment- he's into throwing all the groceries he can reach overboard!

Sharon said...

Definitely checking out e-mealz right now! Thanks.

The Sanchez Family said...

Love this post Cheri!!! I just love your zest for life and the simple pleasures. xo

Nan P. said...

I love food too! But trying to think up of new meals all the time can be a chore. When Cathal’s Uncle was still living at home before he went off to college (= university) I would often ring him on a Friday evening as I was aimlessly trawling the supermarket isles looking for inspiration – Friday evening was our mother-son night-in together with a nice meal and a good action film. I’d ask him: “So, what would you like for dinner tonight?” and he always answered: “Foooooood!” “Yes, but what kind?” “Foooooood!”

Teenage boys! All ahead of you. ;-)


Rainbows are brilliant. A few years back, as I was getting into my car in Dublin airport after a couple of weeks in France, I saw a FULL rainbow (full as it went from the horizon on the left to the horizon on the right) and it was DOUBLE, just for good measure! What a welcome back this country gave me that day!

I love the wall sayings as well. Cool!

BTW, when you get a chance, drop in on me, there a little something for you.

Monica Crumley said...

Awesome post, Cheri. Love the emealz idea, the candlesticks (I have a thing for blue, too), the quote on your wall, the rainbow... Awesome. We saw a gorgeous double rainbow on Friday afternoon. I think JM saw it, but not sure if he knew what he was looking at. PS: I finally bought a purse and wallet at Macys w/ my gift card :-)

Heidi said...

What a great post! I can't believe you were able to get enough food for seven meals for $69 - that's amazing!

I love the writing on the wall - what a great idea!

Anonymous said...

Cheri, I just love your Blog. This was so sweet to read....also you gave me some great web sites to ck out! Andrea from Lompoc CA..I still have no blog :(

Denise said...

What a great story about Luke and his rainbow!! First of all, I hear we may get to meet on Sunday at Zoey's party...how exciting!! Also, I was going to tell you that thanks to you, I just joined Mealz.com I had just seen something about it on Dave Ramsey's website earlier in the day but then forgot to click on it and then later when I was reading your blog, I see it again and just knew it was meant for me to check out. I am really excited about it. Thanks for sharing and I look foward to seeing you Sunday. Hope it doesn't rain :(

Kele said...

What a REFRESHING post! I love all the 'stuff' that is just fun, silly and just plain ole...LIFE!
Sooooo wanted to cry with the rainbow story, Mikah is in awe of them too and has never seen one, so funny you wrote about this, as only a month ago I prayed to the Lord that He let Mikah see her first rainbow with me. I hope our moment is as special as yours and the Luke's!
P.S. going to sign up for the mealz right now!!

Momastery said...

I just stopped by for a quick visit, but ended up falling in love with Luke, Reid, your writing and the blue candlesticks.
I'm hooked!
Can't wait to learn more about your beautiful family.
Blessings, Glennon